Super-Greens Detox Shake
This shake is my version of a green drink, only with loads of filling protein and fiber. Try this hack to make your a.m. prep take thirty seconds: Put all of the ingredients except the frozen fruit and ice in the blender and stash it in the fridge before you go to bed. In the morning, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
**Gluten Free**Dairy Free (if using dairy-free protein powder)**Vegan**
Nutrition facts: 268 calories; 9 g fat; 62 mg sodium; 37 g carbs; 8 g fiber; 20 g sugar; 15 g protein
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/2 banana, ideally frozen
- 1 cup baby kale or baby spinach
- 1 tbls ground flaxseed
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt (or 1 scoop unsweetened plain or vanilla protein powder)
- 1-2 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. Serve in a tall glass.