Ice Cream, 3 Sneaky Ways
Frozen bananas make a creamy and delicious ice cream base. Your food processor is the only way to puree the frozen bananas without having to add a lot of liquid—and for these small quantities, a three-cup mini food processor works best.
I’ve come up with some delicious variations below, but feel free to add your own flavorings and mix-ins. Also, these recipes can be quickly converted to a thinner milkshake by adding an extra half a cup of milk to all the variations below, then mixing them in the blender.
Each variation below makes 2 servings
Servings: 2 servings
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas cut in pieces (about 2 cups) Make ahead recipe #11
- 6 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 2 drops mint extract
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree on high. Hold on tight—the first few seconds are a bit rough until the mixture smoothes out.Toasted Almond Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas, cut into pieces (about 2 cups; see Make-Ahead Recipe #11)
- 6 tablespoons skim milk 2 teaspoons sugar or honey 2 drops almond extract 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds