CREAMY NO-TOMATO PASTA SAUCE
Who doesn’t love a comforting bowl of pasta? And you can have it—and feel good about it—because the blends in each of these pasta dishes add fiber and key nutrients while adding bulk to your meal, so you get to put more in that bowl. I’ve given serving suggestions for each of the sauces below, but feel free to experiment. They’re super-versatile and could go over a piece of chicken or fish as easily as pasta—and I’ve included nutrition info, so you can use them in whatever way you’d like and still know your calories are in line. The sauces freeze really well, too, so any extras can be pulled out for a last-minute dinner.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 61 calories; 4 g fat; 41 mg sodium; 6 g carbs; 4 g fiber; 2 g sugar; 1 g protein
Servings: 4 People
- 1 cup Carrot-Sweet Potato Base Blend
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 to 3 tablespoons low-fat milk or light
- coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the blend, broth, oil, nutmeg, and milk together in a medium pot over medium heat for 5 minutes, until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.