Showing all 5 results
Autographed Copy of The Sneaky Chef Book$24.99
Autographed Paperback Copy of The Sneaky Chef Book
Parents will do almost anything to get their kids to eat healthier, but unfortunately, they’ve found that begging, pleading, threatening, and bribing don’t work. With their patience wearing thin, parents will “give in” for the sake of family peace, and reach for “kiddie” favorites-often nutritionally inferior choices such as fried fish sticks, mac n’ cheese, Pop-sicles, and cookies. Missy Chase Lapine, former publisher of Eating Well magazine, faced the same challenges with her two young daughters, and she sought a solution. Now in The Sneaky Chef, Lapine presents over 75 recipes that ingeniously disguise the most important superfoods inside kids’ favorite meals. With the addition of a few simple make-ahead purees or clever replacements, (some may surprise you!) parents can pack more fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants in their kids’ foods. Examples of “Sneaky” recipes include: No Harm Chicken Parm Power Pizza Incognito Burritos Guerilla Grilled Cheese Brainy Brownies Health-by-Chocolate Cookies Quick fixes for Jell-O(R).
Publish Date: April 4, 2007
Autographed Copy of The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue$24.99
Autographed Paperback Copy of The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue
The New York Times bestselling author returns—this time responding directly to her readers’ most pressing concerns. Legions of fans have written to her, asking for more recipes that focus on their specific family challenges. She’s heard them loud and clear, and has crafted meals that are targeted to these special needs, including:
- Sneaky Chef Light: Delicious recipes for kids struggling with their weight: with lower calories, lower fat—and all the taste!
- Sneaky Chef for Food Allergies. For the millions of children who suffer from food allergies, here are recipes that are dairy-free, egg-free, and gluten-free.
- Sneaky Chef for More Variety—More make-ahead purees and crafty, kid-friendly recipes the whole family will love.
- Sneaky Chef Celebrates! Even special days can be healthy, as the Sneaky Chef unveils recipes for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, Valentine’s Day, Passover, Easter, and more!
Sneaky Chef to the Rescue shows that any family can “sneak” good food into their diets, making everybody (both kids and adults) both happier and healthier.
Publish Date: March 24, 2009
Autographed Copy of The Speedy Sneaky Chef$24.99
Autographed Paperback Copy of The Speedy Sneaky Chef
New York Times bestselling author Missy Chase Lapine inspired legions of parents to “sneak” good food into their children’s meals with The Sneaky Chef. Now she extends her concept of “sneakiness” into “speediness”: giving her fans 75 all-new healthy recipes that they can prepare in a flash. Missy knows that most parents rely on packaged foods to feed their families, and she’ll show how to reap the benefits of convenience foods without sacrificing nutrition, including:
- Quick fixes for jarred tomato sauce, mac-and-cheese, pancake mixes and cereals.
- Clever Shortcuts that will get weeknight cooks out of the kitchen in a hurry.
- Info on navigating options in the supermarket, what to look for when choosing packaged foods, shaving minutes—and calories—from every shopping trip.
- Recipes that are dense in nutrients, while low in calories, fat, sodium, and sugars.
- Fast tips such as “Sneaky Swaps” and “Sneaky Supercharges” that will kick meals up a notch.
Best of all, The Speedy Sneaky Chef offers the best thing of all: time! Less time in the kitchen means more family time. Plus there’s the peace of mind of knowing that meals are not just convenient, but healthy.
Publish Date: December 27, 2011
Autographed Copy of The Sneaky Chef How to Cheat on Your Man$24.99
Autographed Paperback Copy of The Sneaky Chef How to Cheat on Your Man
The Sneaky Chef now targets the other picky eater in the family! For parents of finicky eaters, The Sneaky Chef was the answer to their prayers, giving them solutions for hiding healthy food in the meals kids crave. Within a month of publication, it was a New York Times bestseller. But author Missy Chase Lapine knew another secret: the kids aren’t the only ones in the family not eating their veggies! Hundreds of women wrote to tell her how the men in their lives were consistently making poor choices when it came to their diet. Men know they should eat better, but the classic male perception is that fruits and veggies are “rabbit food” and don’t seem to satisfy their appetite. Now “The Sneaky Chef” has donned her apron again and developed delicious recipes that are sure to appeal to guys. Recipes include “Macho Meatballs,” “Love Me Tenderloin,” and “Champion Chili.” These hearty meals successfully cloak ingredients that specifically target men’s health issues: foods proven to help the heart, lower cholesterol, ensure a healthy prostate, and other concerns. Now everyone in the family (kids and adults alike) can benefit from The Sneaky Chef’s bag of tricks.
Publish Date: March 25, 2008
Autographed Copy of Sneaky Fitness$24.99
Autographed Paperback Copy of Sneaky Fitness
New York Times bestselling author Missy Chase Lapine inspired legions of parents to “sneak” good food into their children’s meals with The Sneaky Chef. Now she extends her concept of “sneakiness” beyond the kitchen, by teaming up with fitness expert Larysa Didio to provide parents with “Sneaky Strategies” for fitting in more exercise and calorie-burning activities into their child’s daily routine.
Sneaky Fitness will include:
- Age-appropriate exercises and games to get any resistant little exerciser up and moving (with targeted chapters for preschoolers, grade-school kids, and ‘tweens)
- Tips on specific toys and games that encourage exercise
- More healthy (and sneaky) recipes for fueling newly-active kids
Like the other Sneaky Chef books, Sneaky Fitness is a revolutionary way for parents to improve their family’s health—one sneaky day at a time!
Publish Date: December 22, 2009