The Sneaky Chef brand is a series of books, foods, housewares and other products created by Missy Chase Lapine to enable home cooks to "sneak" healthy ingredients into a wide variety of dishes-from snacks to main courses to desserts-with seemingly decadent yet utterly delicious and healthy results. The Sneaky Chef method is transforming the way America feeds its children, and bringing health and peace to the family table.
The Sneaky Chef
Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals
By Missy Chase Lapine
Running Press; $17.95; Paperback
The Sneaky Chef for Men
How to Cheat on Your Man in the Kitchen
By Missy Chase Lapine
Pub. date Spring 2008
The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue
101 All-New Recipes and "Sneaky" Tricks for Creating Healthy Meals Kids Will Love
By Missy Chase Lapine
Running Press, April 2009
Amazon’s Top 20 “natural cookbooks” 2009
Products in development including food ingredients and housewares.
Sneaky Chef Cooking Academy Kits in development – children’s cooking kits including real tools and gadgets for kids to make Sneaky Chef recipes – for sale in mass market stores 2009.
Missy actively engages the public through her state-of-the-art consumer friendly website, www.TheSneakyChef.com and answers all inquiries from consumers directly.
The Sneaky Chef is the brainchild of Missy Chase Lapine, whose New York Times bestseller, The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids’ Favorite Meals (Running Press, April 2007) inspired a whole new brand in the healthy eating/lifestyles category. Missy is the former publisher of Eating Well Magazine and the founder of a natural baby product line BabySpa. She is a member of Parenting Magazine’s team of experts, the “Mom Squad,” a panel of 10 high-profile experts who will be featured regularly in the industry-leading magazine. Missy has been a cooking instructor at New York’s finest culinary schools, and also serves on the Children’s Advisory Council of Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian where Sneaky Chef recipes are served to patients. Sneaky Chef exclusive prepared foods are also featured and sold at Whole Foods Market.
When her youngest daughter, Samantha, proved to be the classic picky eater, Missy used her creative problem-solving prowess-and her training in classical and healthy cooking techniques-to devise an innovative way to get healthy ingredients into the foods kids love.
The result is a an entirely new way of thinking about kids' foods, and a book that has earned Lapine legions of fans among moms, kids and food and health professionals from celebrated chef Daniel Boulud to New York Times health columnist Jane Brody and The Today Show's Natalie Morales. (See quotes below.)
The book contains more than 300 recipes-including her signature "make-ahead" purées of superfoods. Some of these delicious dishes include "Masterful Mac 'n' Cheese" (featuring hidden cauliflower and zucchini puree as the sneaky secret ingredient), "Brainy Brownies" (with hidden spinach and blueberries that work double to cut half the fat) and "Magic Meatballs" (tricked-out with eight hidden veggies, including all the dreaded green ones).
The Sneaky Chef has also proved extremely timely: A May 2007 Penn State study just confirmed the benefits of adding "stealth vegetables" to kids' meals. And the Associated Press recently reported that the U.S. government spent $1 billion on 57 nutrition-education programs last year-all of which failed. The Sneaky Chef provides a fun, practical solution to getting families eating healthier.
- The Sneaky Chef instantly hit The New York Times bestseller list at #8.
- The Sneaky Chef was the #1-selling cookbook and parenting book during most of its first month on sale.
- The Sneaky Chef sold 100,000 copies in its first two months.
- The runaway success of The Sneaky Chef has launched a new category in the culinary and parenting book trade categories.
- Missy is a member of Parenting Magazine’s team of experts, the “Mom Squad,” a panel of 10 high-profile experts who are featured monthly in the industry-leading magazine, with regular feature contributions to the magazine.
- Missy serves on the Children’s Advisory Council of Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian where Sneaky Chef recipes are served to patients. This is the #6 top rated children’s hospital in the nation, which revamped their entire in-room patient menu to include Sneaky Chef recipes.
- Sneaky Chef branded, exclusive prepared foods are featured and sold at Whole Foods Markets.
- Missy has been featured in a variety of media, including many national and local television appearances on “The Today Show,” “Fox & Friends,” and “iVillage,” radio appearances on National Public Radio, WOR, Martha Stewart Radio, and many others. Missy has also contributed to many national magazines and websites, including Parenting, Self, First, Family Fun, and Scholastic Magazine, Education.com, ModernMom.com, HotMomsClub.com, SheKnows.com, and more.
- Missy is a highly sought after speaker on the topics of food, health, and family, Missy has visited numerous charities, hospitals, and consumer cooking and health fairs in the USA presenting her unique concept combined with exciting and dynamic demonstrations. She has also presented to many trade associations such as the American Dietetic Association and the School Nutrition Association.
For more information, please visit www.TheSneakyChef.com
“The book includes simple make-ahead purées or clever replacements that can greatly improve the way children eat—not to mention the rest of the family.”
—Jane Brody, The New York Times
“Moms and dads if you're at your wit's end trying to get your kids to eat healthy... well, fret no more! Finally, it's The Sneaky Chef books. As the mother of a very picky eater, the only way to get my son Josh to eat his veggies is to sneak it, and Missy's recipes are not only creative and delicious, they are a lifesaver for this often over-worried mom."
—Natalie Morales, Today Show host
“The Sneaky Chef is a brilliant and timely concept.”
—Chef Daniel Boulud
“The Sneaky Chef offers frustrated parents a simple, practical solution to getting their kids to eat healthier food, while avoiding the daily dinner table fight. This is great information from a mom who has been there and found creative solutions that really work.”
—Nancy Samalin, best-selling author of Loving Without Spoiling and Loving Your Child Is Not Enough
About the Author
Missy is the former publisher of Eating Well magazine and the founder of a natural baby product line Baby Spa®. She is a member of Parenting Magazine’s team of experts, “The Mom Squad” and has been a cooking instructor at New York’s finest culinary schools. She serves on the Children’s Advisory Council of Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian where Sneaky Chef recipes are served to patients. Sneaky Chef exclusive prepared foods are also featured and sold at Whole Foods Market. Missy’s second book, The Sneaky Chef: How to Cheat on Your Man in the Kitchen, was published in April, 2008, and the highly anticipated third book in the Sneaky Chef series, The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue, debuted in April 2009.
Lapine lives with her family in Westchester, New York. For more information, please visit www.TheSneakyChef.com.
New Business Development/Spokesperson & Speaking Engagement Inquiries:
The Sneaky Chef, Inc.