Want to have fun with your friends while you're doing something healthy for everyone's family? Gather a group of sneaky conspirators, serve some snacks (healthy ones, of course), put on some music and combine forces to whip up a whole month's supply of Sneaky Chef purées. Each person takes charge of making up a batch of one puree for the whole group. By the time you're finished, everyone will go home with a nice assortment of purées that can be used in dozens of recipes. It's quick, it's easy, and with your pals around, it won't feel like work at all.
Basic ingredients for party:
- friends and family (ideally four to sixteen people)
- food processors (one for about every three people; some will be washing and chopping while the other person is processing.)
- fresh or frozen fruit/vegetables (each person chooses a puree and brings the ingredients)
- good music
- bottle of wine (optional)
Who does what:
- some people rinse produce
- a few take charge of chopping
- others set up areas for each puree (green, purple, orange, white, white bean)
- one person runs each food processor
- several people bag 1/4 cup portions of each puree
- others label each bag with the name of puree and the date it was prepared (always a good idea when you're storing something in the freezer).
That's all there is to it! You'll each have a month's supply of healthy purées at your finger tips to nutritionally enhance all of your favorite sneaky recipes on a moment's notice, and you'll have had a great time doing it. It gives new meaning to the phrase, "Enjoy in good health!"