Sweet and Sour Sauce
Sweet, sour, spicy, and sneaky, this versatile sauce is great over shrimp, chicken, and meatballs.
Good news for bubble blowers. Researchers have discovered that chewing sugar-free gum all day increases your metabolic rate by about 20 percent, which could burn off more than 10 pounds a year. Chewing gum after a meal also reduces the occurrence of acid reflux.
Servings: 1 cup
- 3 tbls low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbls brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Orange Puree Click for Orange Puree Recipe
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 4 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cups pineapple chunks (optional)
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, Orange Puree, pomegranate juice, vinegar, cayenne, and ginger. Mix in the pineapple chunks, if using. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.