Sweet Pea-Baby Kale Base Blend
As with baby spinach, I like to use fresh baby kale for this blend because of its milder flavor. But if you’re into frozen, then only use 2 cups of the chopped stuff you buy in a block.
Nutrition facts (per 1⁄2 cup): 83 calories; 0 g fat; 175 mg sodium; 15 g carbs; 4 g fiber; 3 g sugar; 6 g protein
Servings: 3 cups
- 3 cups sweet green frozen peas
- 8 cups loosely packed baby kale
- filtered water
- Place the peas in a large heatproof bowl.
- Bring a medium pot of tap water to a boil, then pour the water over the peas to thaw them.
- Meanwhile, put the kale into a high-powered blender and pulse a few times to reduce its volume.
- Drain the peas and add them to the blender, along with 3 to 4 tablespoons of filtered water, and puree until smooth
- You can add more water as necessary.