SPEEDY STOVETOP LASAGNA
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 45 min
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 1 cups medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- ¾ cup Green Puree See Make Ahead Recipe #3
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup oat bran
- ½ teaspoon dried basil and oregano
- 9 ounce box uncooked lasagna noodles roughly broken into strips (roughly broken into strips)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a deep skillet or earthenware pot. Add the onions and garlic and cook until they are slightly translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey or beef, stirring to break it up, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the meat is no longer red. In a medium bowl, combine the Green Puree and tomato paste until mixture turns brownish in color. Add to skillet, and stir in the oat bran, basil, and oregano.
- Add broken noodles on top of meat mixture, then top with tomato sauce. Fill empty tomato sauce jar three-quarters full of water (about 2 ½ cups) and add to skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese on top, do not stir again; cover for 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve hot.