Single-Serve Mac and Cheese
The secret to this totally diet-friendly version of mac and cheese? The blend and cauliflower florets add volume—so you get to eat more—and I use super flavorful cheeses. Result: A decadent meal that has three times fewer calories than standard mac and cheese.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 302 calories; 7 g fat; 287 mg sodium; 41 g carbs; 6 g fiber; 6 g sugar; 20 g protein
Servings: 1 serving
- 3/4 cup cooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup Carrot-Sweet Potato Base Blend Click for Base Blend Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbls low-fat milk
- 1 tbls (heaping tbls) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbls freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the Parmesan together. Pour into an ovenproof bowl, sprinkle the Parmesan over the top, and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is browned and bubbly.