Nutrition Highlights: Vegetables, beans, calcium, fiber, and protein, Rich in vitamins A, C, and K, magnesium, iron, lycopene, manganese, folate, tryptophan, fiber, protein, and calcium.
The Sneaky Chef Pasta Sauces feature 8 hidden veggie purees that deliver a full day's serving of veggies in every 1/2 cup!
Featuring any Sneaky Chef Pasta Sauce (Smooth Red, Cheesy Red, or Turkey)
With uncooked pizza dough on hand, or just some pocketless pita breads, this pizza is quicker to make than calling out for delivery from the local pizza place. Speed things up more by using one of my Sneaky Chef Pasta Sauces, then let the kids do the rest, adding the toppings they like. They'll never suspect anything in the sauce, especially under that blanket of bubbly cheese.
Makes 1 large pizza or 4 smaller pizzas
Servings: 1 large pizza
- 1 store bought pizza dough or 4 "Greek style" pocketless pitas (whole wheat preferred)
- 3/4 cup Sneaky Chef Pasta Sauce (Smooth Red, Cheesy Red, or Turkey) OR 3/4 cup tomato sauce mixed with 3 tablespoons Orange Puree (see Make-Ahead Recipe #2)
- 1 to 2 cups low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings: sliced mushrooms, onions, sweet peppers, artichoke hearts, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and preheat a pizza stone, if using one, or spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Stretch pizza dough, or roll out with floured rolling pin on floured surface, to form a pie and transfer it to the stone or baking sheet. If using pocketless pitas, place them on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1/2 to 1 cup of the sauce mixture across the large pizza dough (use only 1/4 cup of sauce for each pita), then top with about 1 cup of mozzarella (use about 1/2 cup of cheese per pita). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned. Allow to cool a few minutes, then cut into triangles and serve.