No-Nut Butter & Jelly Muffins
Nutrition Highlights: vegetables, whole grains, nuts, Rich in vitamins A, B complex, C, E, K, manganese, iron, potassium, folate, riboflavin, selenium, fiber, and protein.
Makes 8 Large Muffins:
(or 16 mini muffins)
Cook: 20-24 minutes
Servings: 8 large muffins
- 1 cup Flour Blend (or half all-purpose flour and half whole grain flour) (Make Ahead Recipe #13: Flour Blend recipe)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk
- 3/4 cup Sneaky Chef Creamy No-Nut Butter (Learn More)
- 8 heaping teaspoons favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined, then whisk in the oil, milk, and No-Nut Butter. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until flour is just moistened (don’t over-mix or the muffins will be dense).
- Scoop about two tablespoons of batter into the large muffin cups until half full. Place a heaping teaspoon of jam in the center of each muffin. Cover the jam with another 2 tablespoons or so of batter, filling the cups just over the top. If you’re using mini-muffin cups, scale back quantities to fit into the smaller sized cups.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.