Make-Ahead Mushroom Gravy
Make your gravy the day before so you’re not sucking up pan juice as the guests arrive! While turkey pan juices do indeed make good gravy, you can make a rich and flavorful gravy using broth without the pan drippings and you’ll be able to enjoy the start of the celebration with your family and friends. Here’s how I do it (from my new book, Sneaky Blends):
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or turkey broth(or bone broth) divided
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons White Bean Blend See White Bean Blend Recipe
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of the broth over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, the Blend and rosemary and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour the gravy mixture into a high-powered blender and puree until smooth.