Frozen Green Tea and Pomegranate “Mangaritas”
Our friends Rob and Andrea returned from a year in Mexico and joined our neighborhood block party one Sunday evening last summer. I was in the midst of formulating Sneaky Chef versions of cocktails and challenged Rob to use concentrated green tea and pomegranate juice in his signature margaritas. Armed with our friend Petra’s blender, some ice, fresh limes, and authentic Mexican tequila, he emerged from the kitchen with this incredible drink. Suffice it to say, this was a particularly memorable party!
When you’re brewing the green tea, I suggest steeping two tea bags in a cup of boiling water for no longer than two minutes, to keep the tea from tasting bitter.
Servings: 1 drink
- 1 part brewed green tea cooled
- 1 part pomegranate juice
- 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 part Cointreau
- 2 parts good-quality tequila
- Combine the green tea, pomegranate juice, lime juice, Cointreau, tequila, and ice in a blender until smooth.
- Serve in chilled margarita glasses.