CURRIED DEVILED EGGS
I use Chickpea-Zucchini Base Blend as a stand-in for the mayo in this recipe. It lends a creamy hummus-like texture that makes the eggs healthier and lighter—
with half the calories of the standard sat-fat-laden version. If you’re not a curry fan, leave it out; they’ll taste just as yummy without it.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 69 calories; 3 g fat; 218 mg sodium; 5 g carbs; 1 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 6 g protein
Servings: 6 People
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 3/4 cup Chickpea-Zucchini Base Blend Click for Base Blend Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Slice the eggs lengthwise, pop out the yolks, and place 3 of them in a medium bowl. (Reserve or discard the remaining yolks.)
- Mash the blend, salt, pepper, curry powder, and mustard into the yolks and spoon—or pipe—the mixture back into the 12 egg white halves.
- Dust the tops with the paprika and serve.