Crunchy Kale Crust Pizza
I’m always on the lookout for a pizza crust that isn’t just a refined carb fest—and this is one of the best I’ve ever had. It’s incredibly good for you in and of itself, not just a delivery system for the sauce and cheese. What’s not to love?
Nutrition facts (per serving): 161 calories; 8 g fat; 277 mg sodium; 13 g carbs; 2 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 14 g protein
Servings: 4 pieces
- 1 tbls tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup egg whites (about 3 eggs)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup finely chopped baby kale
- 1/4 cup White Bean Base Blend Click for Base Blend Recipe
- 3 tbls grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Favorite pizza or pasta sauce*
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients. Add the flour and mix well to combine. Mist an 8-inch skillet with the cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup batter and shake the pan to make the crust spread out. Cook for a few minutes, until the bottom is crisp and browned, then flip and cook for another few minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter, re-spraying the pan between batches (the batter makes 4 crusts).
- Preheat the broiler. Place the crusts on a baking sheet and divide the sauce and mozzarella equally among them. Broil for a few minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- * Check out my Sneaky Chef pasta sauces with hidden veggies (thesneakychef.com/products/).