Creamy Kale Guac
Guacamole is healthy in and of itself, but it’s also one of those calorie-dense foods that can go from a snack to a meal pretty quickly. The blend in this version extends the volume of the dish by 50 percent, while taking down the calories. Serve the guac with cucumber rounds or strips of red or yellow bell pepper for dipping.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 42 calories; 3 g fat; 46 mg sodium; 4 g carbs; 2 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 1 g protein
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Servings: 16 people
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pea–Baby Kale Base Blend See Sweet Pea-Baby Kale Green Base Blend Recipe
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced red onion (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced (optional)
- Halve the avocados lengthwise.
- remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mixing lightly with a fork and serve.