Cinnamon-Oat Truffle Treats
That’s right: dessert! On a cleanse! And who knew something packed with healthy ingredients could taste so decadent? No wonder people are obsessed with these, myself included. I have them in my freezer at all times. The crew on the photo shoot for this book called them “energy bites,” and we had to keep making more because they kept disappearing. Freezing them makes the truffle treats even better, and forces you to slow down and savor them longer—so they seem even more satisfying.
**Gluten Free if using Gluten Free Oats**Vegan**Dairy Free**
Nutrition facts (per serving): 144 calories; 11 g fat; 6 mg sodium; 11 g carbs; 2 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 4 g protein
Servings: 8 2 truffles
- 6 tbls White Bean Base Blend Click for Base Blend Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or Sneaky Chef No-Nut Butter) Shop No-Nut Butter
- 1 tbls 100% fruit, no-sugar-added jam Shop Fruit Spreads
- 2 tbls ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup finely ground rolled oats, divided (or gluten-free oats)
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- On a plate, mix the blend, almond butter, jam, flaxseed, and 2 tablespoons of the oats until well combined. On another plate, mix the remaining oats, with the cinnamon and salt. Use a melon baller or measuring spoon to make tablespoon-size balls of the blend mixture. Roll the truffles in the cinnamon-oat mixture. Serve right away, or place the truffles in a container and freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.