Broccoli-Cheddar Mini Frittatas
In the morning, it’s easy for a healthy breakfast to go out the window. So I make these ahead when I’m not in a rush, and then pop one in the toaster oven to warm before jetting out the door. They freeze perfectly, too. You can make these minus the tortilla, but I like that it gives this meal real portability.
Nutrition facts (per serving): 162 calories; 8 g fat; 258 mg sodium; 12 g carbs; 3 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 10 g protein
Serving size: 1 frittata
Servings: 6 people
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 6 inch corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Broccoli-Pea-Spinach Base Blend See Broccoli-Pea-Spinach Green Base Blend Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped raw broccoli florets
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mist a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make them pliable.
- Gently press 1 into each of 6 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, chia seeds, 1/4 cup of the cheese, salt, the blend, and the broccoli.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into each muffin cup and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 22 minutes, until the eggs are just set.
- Serve warm.
- Leftover frittatas freeze well for up to 3 months.