Sneaky Chef Cheesy Lunchbox Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
These are a handy lunch box alternative to sandwiches for kids who are tired of sandwiches or, like mine, just won't eat them!
Cheesy Lunchbox Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or whole grain "pastry" flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup Orange Puree (see Make-Ahead recipe #2)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham, turkey, salami, or bologna, optional
> Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
> In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, Orange Puree, cheese, and optional meat, if using. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until the flour is just moistened. Don't overmix, or the muffins will be dense.
> Fill each muffin cup almost to the top, spooning about 1/4 cup of batter into each and bake for 25 to 27 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm out of the oven or wrap and store in refrigerator (for up to 3 days) or freezer (for up to 3 months). Defrost and place in lunchbox with an ice pack.
We hope you enjoy this Free Sample Recipe!
Free sample recipes from The Sneaky Chef