New York Times bestselling author Missy Chase Lapine inspired legions of parents to "sneak" good food into their children's meals with The Sneaky Chef. Now she extends her concept of "sneakiness" into "speediness": giving her fans 75 all-new healthy recipes that they can prepare in a flash. Missy knows that most parents rely on packaged foods to feed their families, and she'll show how to reap the benefits of convenience foods without sacrificing nutrition, including:
- Quick fixes for jarred tomato sauce, mac-and-cheese, pancake mixes and cereals.
- Clever Shortcuts that will get weeknight cooks out of the kitchen in a hurry.
- Info on navigating options in the supermarket, what to look for when choosing packaged foods, shaving minutes-and calories-from every shopping trip.
- Recipes that are dense in nutrients, while low in calories, fat, sodium, and sugars.
- Fast tips such as "Sneaky Swaps" and "Sneaky Supercharges" that will kick meals up a notch.
"Moms and dads, if you're at your wit's end trying to get your kids to eat healthy... well, fret no more!... As the mother of a very picky eater, the only way to get my son Josh to eat his veggies is to sneak it, and Missy's recipes are not only creative and delicious, they are a lifesaver for this often over-worried mom."
Natalie Morales, co-host, NBC's Today
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Running Press (December 27, 2011)
Available at Booksellers Everywhere.
Order now at Amazon.com & Barnes & Noble.com