We all know that kids are picky eaters and some won't even eat certain colors, especially "yucky" colors like green. If you have a picky eater in the family who refuses to eat anything green, St. Patrick's Day is a great way to introduce the color into their diet! Your kids are sure to enjoy green-colored meals to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with their friends and family, so give them green food that they'll want to enjoy all year long!
Adding green to food is easy, especially with my Sneaky Chef Green Juice made with spinach. The green juice can be added to almost any light-colored foods, like eggs, vanilla yogurt, ice cream, and even icing, while boosting the nutritional value since it's packed with spinach. The sneakiest trick is that baby spinach has almost no taste in this juice-form, so your family won't even notice a difference in taste! You can find The Sneaky Chef Green Juice recipe below, along with a few of our favorite green-colored recipes. If your family has a favorite St. Patrick's Day recipe, then just add a few drops of the Sneaky Chef Green Juice and enjoy!
The Sneaky Chef Green Juice
Makes about 1 cup of juice
• 3 cups raw baby spinach leaves
• 1 cup water
• Thoroughly wash the spinach, even if the package says “prewashed.” In a medium-sized pot, heat the spinach and the water to a boil; reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into a fine mesh strainer over a container or bowl, pressing the green “pulp” with the back of a spoon until all the liquid is released.
• This recipe makes about 1 cup of juice; double it if you want to store another cup. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or you can freeze ¼ cup portions in sealed plastic bags or small plastic containers.
"St. Sneaky Day" Green Milkshake
Makes 2 servings
• 2 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt
• ¼ cup Sneaky Chef Green Juice (recipe above)
• ¼ cup milk
• 1/2 ripe avocado
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• ice, if needed
• Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Serve in tall glasses with a quick squirt of whipped cream and a straw.
Green Eggs and Ham
• ¼ cup Sneaky Chef Green Juice
• 2 eggs
• Options: light-colored cheese and ham
• Add the Sneaky Chef Green Juice and eggs into a bowl and mix until smooth. If desired, add cheese and ham into mixture. Scramble mixture on stovetop or make into an omelet.