I was at the Heathcote presentation last week. It was great! I
especially liked that there were so many things to sample.
I tried the blueberry muffins and liked them, but cannot find the
recipe in the book. Where can I find the recipe for that??
PS - Made the corn tortilla chips when I got home. They were a
complete hit! Thanks for the great ideas!
Thanks for the nice note! The blueberry muffins are from my 2nd
book for men here: http://www.amazon.com/Sneaky-Chef-Kitchen-
In the meantime, here's the recipe *you have the Flour Blend and
White Bean Puree recipes in kids' book:
Blockbuster Blueberry Muffins
These days, the average supersized muffin costs you half a day’s
calories and fat grams. The ones that taste good are no better than
cupcakes without the icing (and the ones that are whole grain and
low-fat taste just like the box they came in!). If you want the
best of both worlds—great taste and lower fat—these muffins may
become your family’s favorite morning staple. White Bean Puree
works overtime to cut the fat and provide fiber, and the oat bran
and wheat germ disappear behind the world’s healthiest berry.
Be sure to make extras and freeze them in a plastic bag.
When you’re ready to eat, simply pull one out and toast it!
Makes 6 large muffins
2 large eggs
1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup almond or canola oil
1⁄2 cup White Bean Puree (see Make-Ahead Recipe #9)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup Flour Blend (see Make-Ahead Recipe #13)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄2 cup oat bran
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well
combined, then whisk in the oil, White Bean Puree, and vanilla. In
another bowl, whisk together the Flour Blend, baking powder,
cinnamon, oat bran, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the
wet, mixing until the flour is just moistened, then lightly mix in
the blueberries. Don’t overmix, or the muffins will be dense.
Fill each muffin cup to the top, spooning about 1⁄4 cup of batter
into each. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Grilled Muffin Variation
Once cool, slice the muffins in half, butter each side very
lightly, and place buttered-side down on a hot indoor grill pan or
outdoor grill until toasted the muffin is toasted and grill marks
appear. Serve hot, with coffee.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe (from Men's Book)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Blueberry Muffin Recipe (from Men's Book).
TrackBack URL for this entry:
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: April 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: March 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: January 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: November 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: October 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: September 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: August 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: July 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: June 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: May 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: April 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: March 2008
- News: September 2007
- News: April 2007
- The Sneaky Chef: April 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: March 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: February 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: January 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: December 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: November 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: October 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: September 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: August 2008