I wasn’t at the inauguration, but joined the millions at home who were deeply touched. I haven’t felt so much hope—and determination to do my part—in my entire life.
I have two daughters the same age as yours, so I was also happy to hear kind words addressed to Malia and Sasha during the ceremonies. Emily, Sammy and I have had some fun conversations imagining what they would do if they were transitioning to the White House! Exploring for secret passages tops the list at this point.
As the author of three Sneaky Chef recipe books, I was interested to hear that more people clicked on the recipe link for the inaugural luncheon than any other link on the inaugural website! Who can resist a good recipe? Which brings me to why I’m writing this: I’d like to share a recipe with you—or your cook-- that has been a hit with my fans. “Brainy Brownies” is the real deal: yummy, chocolaty treats. They also have a hidden purple puree that stars two nutrition superstars : blueberries and spinach!
I can guarantee that your daughters won’t detect the sneaky twist, and I’m willing to bet you’ll notice the benefits of eating a healthy, non-sugary snack. In fact, while I came up with this recipe for children, it has been just as popular with adults who need a goody that sustains energy and isn’t caloric. May I even suggest that both you and the President, with your figurative plates so full, might enjoy and benefit!
Please accept my deepest respect for what your entire family—including your mother—is willing to do for our nation. And enjoy the brownies for what they are: a delicious treat that makes life in America even sweeter and healthier.
With healthiest regards for you, your family, and all Americans,
Just Sent This to Michelle Obama
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Just Sent This to Michelle Obama.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: April 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: March 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: January 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: November 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: October 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: September 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: August 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: July 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: June 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: May 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: April 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: March 2008
- News: September 2007
- News: April 2007
- The Sneaky Chef: April 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: March 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: February 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: January 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: December 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: November 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: October 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: September 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: August 2008