Dear Sneaky Chef,
What would be a good substitution for wheat germ? My son is casein and gluten intolerant, and while Ive found good replacements for most wheat and dairy products, but Im stumped when it comes to wheat germ.
Thanks so much for the wonderful books. My family loves the recipes and we are all enjoying eating healthier!
March 2008 ArchivesMarch 2008 Archives
Dear Sneaky Chef,
Hi Missy - I added in about 1/4 cup of the white bean puree to the Chicken Tetrazzini and it did not affect the flavor at all! Like you said, I will just experiment, keeping in mind color and texture guidelines.
I have been freezing the purees in ice cube trays, then transfering to freezer bag - works great as the cubes are about 2 TBS each, so makes it easy for measuring. I made the white puree and have been adding it to my stock when I make soups - they’ll never know!
I made the chicken tenders from your book the other night - more for adults than kids though - I ground up some garlic bread into the breading mixture + added Romano cheese - they were delicious!! I
Also, I wanted to ask about pureeing some frozen strawberries I have in my freezer from our garden. I froze them whole, on a cookie sheet, then transferred to a bag. Should I let them thaw out before putting them in the food processor? Do I need to add lemon juice? I would like to do this instead of the strawberry juice in case I want to add the berries to yogurt (my son doesn’t object to the texture).Thanks in advance and thank you for such an inspiring book!
I just fixed my first recipe, Maxed Out Meatloaf, and it was wonderful! My husband, daughter & I agree that it was the best we’ve ever tasted. My daughter (who is 5) even asked for it in her lunchbox tomorrow and told me to tell you that it was delicious! I can’t wait to try out the other recipes, thank you!!!!
Dear Sneaky Visitor,
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: April 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: March 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: January 2009
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: November 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: October 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: September 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: August 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: July 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: June 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: May 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: April 2008
- Ask The Sneaky Chef: March 2008
- News: September 2007
- News: April 2007
- The Sneaky Chef: April 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: March 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: February 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: January 2009
- The Sneaky Chef: December 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: November 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: October 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: September 2008
- The Sneaky Chef: August 2008